Everyone has a beautiful voice.
Anyone can sing.
I teach in a professional studio in a Victorian House in Baltimore Maryland, equipped with a grand piano, recording equipment and acoustic guitar. The studio is a nurturing place where I will help you realize your goals. The focus is on addressing the total singer. Lessons include instruction on body alignment, relaxation, breathing, tone quality and projection, range and register transitions, diction, ear-training, musicianship and theory. I have an extensive performing background, and feel comfortable teaching all styles of music. I’ve received advanced training in teaching Contemporary Commercial Vocal Technique styles including Belting. Students will benefit from audition and performance preparation. I have the contacts and the resources to provide students with information about performing and audition opportunities, and I make every effort possible to attend student performances. If you need help in the recording studio or rehearsals, I am available as a consultant.
At your first lesson we will discuss goals, intended music styles and previous training. We will assess skills and devise a unique plan to help you achieve your dreams.
- Vocal Technique and Training for Singers
- Speech and Voice training for actors and public speakers
- Vocal Technique/Coaching/Repertoire for Broadway and Musical Theatre Singers
- Vocal Technique/Coaching/Repertoire for “The Voice” and other singing competitions.
- Songwriting Lessons
- Piano for singers and songwriters
- Online Group Masterclasses
The vocal exercises used in lessons are available by download.